Sunday, January 06, 2013

Ain't that peculiar


New year, new plan. Well, an old plan, actually.

When Feel It was born, nearly seven years ago now(!), I never intended for it to feature exclusively soul/funk/reggae/jazz, but that’s the way it's turned out. For some time now I have again been thinking of featuring other musical genres and styles (lord knows I pick up enough other “stuff” at the boot sales and charity shops nowadays). But with Feel It now established as a sort of brand (at least in my own head!), to dilute the general “groove” here wouldn’t be right somehow. So there is nothing else for it – I have decided to start another blog. Don’t worry, Feel It will still continue but it will now have a sister site, or is it a b*stard child? J

Hmm. Last month’s Advent posts aside, I had been struggling to keep up regular posting and now, here I am deciding to keep two blogs on the boil. Ain’t that peculiar!


Drop in at A HiFi Cabinet of Curiosities for another version of “Ain’t That Peculiar”. We’ll see where this goes.

PS: Grassella Oliphant was active as a jazz drummer in the 50s and 60s. He also sounds like an anagram! No prizes, but what can you make of it? 

5 comments:

davyh said...

Woah. Exciting. New place on me blogroll.

Darcy said...

Wow. That was quick. Thanks. It may get a bit off the wall over there.

davyh said...

Off the wall is good

radioman01 said...

I had a think for a few minutes and this was the best I could come up with: Lola sing real phat.

Darcy said...

Ha! good effort radiomano1. Now you've got me thinking again!