Friday, April 11, 2014

Late night double


I nearly missed a Friday there!

A quick late night double for you. It could probably benefit from a clean but I haven’t had time.  

I wasn’t familiar with Bobby Wade before I stumbled across this 45. I found a fairly comprehensive resume of his career here.

The De Luxe label has one of those designs that seems to be out of time, sort of impossible to date by looking at it. (The Ronn and Paula labels are similar in that regard I always think). De Luxe came into being around 1944 and it seems its design hardly changed throughout its existence. This 45 was actually released in 1970 I believe.   

Bobby started singing in the Fifties with a Jazz combo and that early schooling is apparent on this single, especially on his interpretation of Funny How Time Slips Away, and” firme rola” is the operative term for the A side I think….




1 comment:

Ravel said...

No comment on this one... I'll compensate: I bouth my 1st Candi Staton LP last night, «Young Hearts Run Free». YOU brought her to my attention :-)
Thanks for all the stuff you post here,,, educating me.