Friday, November 21, 2014

We can still imagine


My lasting impression is there have been plenty of warm days and, apart from a dreadful August, the sun had its hat set at a jaunty angle more often than not this year. The  autumn has been long, and as recently as this Tuesday I enjoyed a long and pleasantly sunny lunchtime walk - I even saw a Red Admiral butterfly. It was certainly difficult dragging myself back into the office. 

The weather today though was miserable, and I can't help thinking that winter is now upon us.       

But we can still imagine....

Clea Bradford - Summertime  1968

4 comments:

george said...

Well, Darcy, we've had a very nice day down these parts, it's touched 20 degrees. But the previous two days it has rained. And when it rains, man alive it really chucks it down. We saw a baby gecko today, and we still have aubergines growing in the field. And the storks have returned. Enjoyed teh tune, too.

Ravel said...

How curious : I didn't know her before I found a 33 rpm of her 2 weeks ago and searched for her on the Net. And the album is autographed ! Thanks for this nice rendition of Summertime !

Darcy said...

Hey Ravel, that's nice picking up an autographed copy! I assume it was one of her early albums? as Summertime is on her Cadet LP.

Ravel said...

It's her album «Now» on Mainstream. I had a feeling I couldn't miss by taking this album... at 7$ ! :-)