Friday, February 13, 2015

Head full of clay



For someone who likes their soul deep I’m surprised Clay Hammond hasn’t really registered with me before. I have no excuses either because now I come to think of it I have at least a couple of tracks of his on early Ace Kent compilations.

This 1967 45 is a new addition to my collection, the first I have of Clay’s, but somehow I think it will not be the last.

My head has been full of Clay these last few days as this 45 has had quite a few spins. Now it feels full of clay in other ways as a cold has really kicked in in the last 24 hours. As a result I don’t feel like writing much today so I will just post this and then go back to adding to the tissue mountain (Ally and I could have a competition, maybe!).
    

And here is the more uptempo, and equally great,  flip side (A, B who really knows?). This reminds me of something else. Anybody?



Buy Southern Soul Brothers (A strong Ace/Kent compilation featuring Clay Hammond and ZZ Hill)

1 comment:

george said...

THAT is a great song. It sounds like the kind of song Joe Tex would have done. Quality, absolute quality.